Acid Reflux & Heartburn
Causes ~ Natural Relief ~ Neutralizing the Acid
Once you have checked with your doctor and have been cleared of all serious conditions, ask him/her about how to correct the situation without medications.
Red Desert Edible Clay ~ Where is this clay? See Below
Relief which has benefited many:
~ When you feel the symptoms of acid reflux, mix 1 tsp Red Desert Edible Clay (using a wooden spoon or chopstick) in a glass of water and drink (warm water mixes better than cold). Or one can swallow 6 tablets which equals a tsp of clay powder.
In mild to moderate situations, this very specific clay will neutralize acids and usually calm the digestion down within about 5 to 10 minutes. It will also go into the bloodstream, and remove toxins (which are acidic) as well as deliver minerals to the cells. Remember minerals are alkaline. I personally have been eating Red Desert clay daily for 13 years. The pH is 8.3. This means I am bringing in alkaline minerals to the cells, removing acidic toxins and increasing alkalinity to the overall body.
Video ~ How To Use Red Desert clay
What Else Can I Do?
**Juicing raw vegetables is a fast and excellent way to cleanse, remove acids from the tissues and bring in a potent array of minerals. I did this twice a day for nearly a year and then once a day for maintenance - when my health situation was critical.
**VelociTEA one can easily make and drink daily to cleanse the digestive, liver, kidneys, colon etc.
** HCL and digestive enzymes taken at the “beginning” of each meal will help break down protein, carbohydrates and fats and help prevent harmful bacteria from flourishing. This is very important for proper digestion, avoiding leaking gut and to assimilate the vitamins and minerals the body needs.
** Floraphage to remove harmful bacteria - Often there is an accumulation of unwanted bacteria in the digestive tract. Floraphage is an excellent product to destroy this bacteria which can also reduce bloating and gas AND will proliferate the beneficial bacteria in our gut.
** Medications – proton pump inhibitors – What do they do? These stop the stomach from naturally producing the much needed HCL (hydrochloric acid) and the necessary enzymes to break down food. Without proper digestion, vitamins and minerals are not readily available for absorption, resulting in vitamin and minerals deficiencies. Check with your pharmacist or doctor if there is a better option or how to wean yourself off medications.
No One Is Born With Acid Reflux and yes, we do not have to live with this.
These are symptoms that come about as a result of a combination of things such as years of eating an overly acidic diet compared to one with a higher balance of produce and alkaline water and foods. However the majority of these symptoms can be reversed in a reasonable period of time with a little knowledge and information.
It is not necessary that you follow everything below. Just read and see if anything resonates with you and feels doable. Just start there and make changes as you can.
Some of the foods eaten regularly or in excess that trigger the acid reflux symptoms are:
- Coffee, sodas, sugar, excess meat, chicken, fish, fast foods, prepackaged processed items - starchy, and/or microwaved food substances etc. These are all on the extra acidic scale. Less of these items – replaced with more of the green drinks, organic produce and alkaline foods are going to reduce the overall acid and create a more alkaline environment in the body.
- Unprocessed foods and good probiotics are a great thing to bring aboard in your daily regime.
- Detoxification – Toxins are acidic (chemicals, pesticides, mercury, heavy metals and other pathogens) and stored in the fat cells of the body. Red Desert Clay will remove many of these. We also suggest taking a look at the other detoxification items on the cart for cleansing parasites, yeast, cancer cells and the like.
- Helpful - Consider alkalizing green drinks, juicing and even adding spirulina to smoothies, yogurt, or whatever floats your boat. I daily use Spirulina and Pure Synergy - they are both very alkaline greens. Spirulina is very high in chlorophyll, beta-carotene and other valuable nutrients, is great for the liver and super easy for the body to absorb and assimilate. Spirulina is an excellent replacement for some of the acidic foods. In water I mix one TBS with a good organic protein powder of your choice, two tsps of spriulina, plus one TBSP of Pure Synergy Superfood. In addition I add Radiance C, and whatever other supplements I prefer. For good fats, one can add coconut oil or even some avocado. Blend for several seconds and drink.
Acid Alkaline Foods List>> Check this extensive list of foods that will help you choose more alkaline meals and snacks.
Minerals are alkaline in their natural form and are the building blocks of our cells. We have trillions of cells in our body making up every tissue from bones to organs. If the cells are nourished with high quality alkaline vitamins and minerals then excess acid leaves the body and we start feeling better. IntraMax , Red Desert clay, Concentrace minerals are all excellent for more quickly restoring vitamins and minerals to the body.
- Celtic salt is the only salt I use. It contains approximately 82 essential naturally occurring minerals and is the GOOD SALT. You can add this to food or put crystals on your tongue, but do not add it to food that is cooking, as heat destroys minerals. Sugar cravings: One can take 1/2 to 1 tsp of this salt and add to 8oz of quality water, stir and drink. The essential minerals contained are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and can stop a sugar craving in its tracks. Celtic salt can easily be found at health food stores.
- By the time we are 30, most of us have depleted the digestive enzymes we were born with and by around 38 we are producing little HCL (hydrchloric acid) when we eat. For those individuals who have been true vegetarians all of their lives, digestive enzymes and HCL do not generally become depleted as compared to those of us who have been eating an animal based diet.
Constipation - Keep the bowels flowing. Waste that sits in the colon can be reabsorbed, so take magnesium, maybe Paramax and Radiance C powder, or herbs prescribed by a good Chinese Herbalist. The herbs can often unclog a digestive tract that is sluggish and then of course adding fibrous foods once things are moving smoothly again will be advantageous.
Many people find the simplest solution for constipation or sluggish bowels (and to relax the body) is to take Magnesium powder. The body cannot store magnesium and yet is necessary for more than 300 bodily functions. Magnesium can be taken more than once a day. Many believe that magnesium is more important than calcium because without it calcium cannot be broken down and therefore does not move into to the bones.
With all that has been said above, start with whatever your intuition is pointing you to and run this by your practitioner. We wish for you to be feeling better and better.
Maryanne and the I AM Team
I-AM Perfectly Healthy is not intended to substitute for medical advice or treatment. It is recommended that you consult your holistic physician, MD, ND…or a holistic veterinarian for your pets. The information and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical problems. This information is provided for education purposes only - and for the sharing of life experience.